Terem

How come all emergencies happen erev Shabbos? We felt like we had everything under control and were ready to welcome in Shabbos. Leora decided to throw us for a loop. David noticed that she was playing with a small bead and started telling her how dangerous it was to put in any hole in her body. Just as he was telling her about a friend that had to go to the hospital because she stuck a bead in her nose, Leora started screaming. Sure enough she managed to wedge a bright yellow bead from a BB Gun into her left nostril. David tried using a pick up stick to get it out but was not successful (of course Yeshaya was watching all this and he too had to try and stick a pick up stick up his nose). I called a friend, Penina, and she suggested that we get ourselves to Terem right away. David and I decided that I would go since I had showered and he had not. I drove there but made sure to have a stroller in my car. Muhammad (or whatever his name was), was very nice and got the bead out right away. Leora's first question was, "now can I pick my nose?" The doctor told her no. Shabbos was about to begin, so Leora and I ran to the car and drove for about 2 minutes. We had to park the car and walk to rest of the way. Leora was really good and didn't kvetch as we climbed over 100 stairs. We stopped at the Meltz figuring they would know of any shortcuts but were saddened to hear that there weren't any. We made it home just as our dinner guests arrived. I'm still not sure if Leora learned her lesson. She's quite a stubborn child ... must be the red hair.

4 comments:

BubbyT said...

I think my eldest grandson did that once, if I am not mistaken...btw, it was great talking to you in Israel..and remind Rivka to write to her friends via my email...I'll bring them to school when it starts!!

Diana said...

I think when I was around that age I experimented with a raisin...

Anonymous said...

i did that with a button once

Anonymous said...

Next time, try the vacuum cleaner to vacuum it out.