Cleaning Ladies

I am happy to report that all of our things are finally unpacked and everything has found its rightful place. It was now time to get some cleaning help in. We hired a mother and daughter team to come clean our house. We were thinking great, they'll be done quickly. Boy were we wrong. I have never ever in my life seen people move so slowly. They are also so needy. Every second they are asking us for something else. I guess we won't be using them again but at least my house smells nice and clean.

Meanwhile as they were gathering their supplies, the gardener decides to show up. It's not like in the States where you go around to the back with the lawnmower. No, here you go through the house. At least I was smart enough to tell the cleaning ladies to wait until the gardener was done. They charge $30/visit to cut our grass that is the size of a walk in closet. Of course it took them close to an hour to finish up. At the same time as all this, our neighbor comes over to invite us for shabbat lunch. It was very sweet of her. She also offered us some furniture to help fill up our house and help with the acoustics. I'm happy she dropped by, it makes us feel like we are not alone on our street that is constantly under constructions. It is just us and them so far. All the other houses are not lived in yet.

2 comments:

SaraK said...

A good cleaning person is very hard to find, no matter what country you are in.

Anonymous said...

You're missing Pesla, I mean Tesla. Aren't you?