Our second trip to the kotel


Today Zvi suggested that we all go to the old city and the Kotel. I was thrilled as that is one of my favorite places to visit. I love just walking around the old city and looking around. We drove to J"M and found a great parking spot right outside the Jewish Quarter (it was free too b/c of our Cypress plates). We walked to the kotel from there, first choosing the restaurants that we would return to for lunch. We had a lot of shaliach mitzvah gelt to distribute so we decided to divide and conquer. David and the boys took the men's side and me and the girls handled the ladies. Overall it was a positive experience and the kids learned a good lesson on tzedakah. We davened at the kotel and when we were done we climbed all the stairs that brought us back to the Old City. On our way up Leora flirted with a chayal and got to take a picture with him. First we bought popsicles and an ice coffee (yum yum) for me. Then we ordered lunch and enjoyed our time people watching. We headed back to the car for our drive home to Modiin. Yeshaya was so upset about leaving the old city that he cried the entire way home (30 minutes).

2 comments:

SaraK said...

Yeshaya was so upset about leaving the old city that he cried the entire way home (30 minutes).

Awwww.....

Anonymous said...

Just for the record ... Zvi only suggested to you that we go to the Old City after I worked on convincing all the kids for 45 minutes while you were exercising. Rivka was excited the second I mentioned the idea and Leora came around when I said they could get popsicles. I'm not sure what convinced Zvi but apparently by the time you got home he was willing.