Our greatest fear

This post by "Jameel" on the Muqata is really scary. I often read his blog and have exchanged emails with him so I feel like I know him even though I don't know his real name. Thank God everyone in his family is fine but I just can't imagine going through that experience. We have not been to Chevron, Kiryat Arba, Gush, Kever Rachel etc. on any of our trips to Israel because Shira has always been too scared. I really hope that we will have the opportunity to go to Maarat Hamachpela at some point during the year and hopefully this story won't scare her too much.

3 comments:

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Your comment is food for thought about what I post.

I'll let you know when the post is up...

Kol Tuv,

Jameel

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Here it is...my thoughts on your post.

Regards!

--J.

Anonymous said...

Before making aliya, I did substitute teaching in a public school in a "suburb" of NYC. One day, an disgruntled student approached my desk and held a garbage can above my head threatening to hit me with it. I calmly sat there thinking, "and people are afraid to travel to Israel" (it was at the beginning of the most recent - and let's pray last - intifada). The student finally sat down and I immediately called security. Later one of the assistant principal's asked if I was afraid - truth was I was more afraid of that than travelling all around Eretz Yisroel, G-d's country. Yes, bad things happen here too and it all reminds us hakol b'dai shamayim.