Honey Bunches of Oats Heaven

For all of you who know me well, you will know that I am quite obsessed with the cereal Honey Bunches of Oats. In all the cities we've lived in, I can tell you the cheapest place to buy a box. I always say, had I bought stocks when I first discovered this heavenly cereal, I would be a millionaire. I have helped Post so much, they have no idea. I have even attracted many Honey Bunches of Oats followers.

Well today I was debating about where to go grocery shopping. The nice supermarket Mega, that is closeby and has many American products. Or Rami Levi which is a further drive and not as nice but considerably cheaper. I asked my neighbor for her opinion and she said that she wouldn't attempt Rami Levi with a 2 year old. Decision made, I was headed to Mega. You cannot imagine my delight when I saw, read and understood the sign that Honey Bunches of Oats was buy 2 get one free. I filled up my shopping cart. Instead of paying 22 NIS per box, I got three for 44 NIS ($11). When I got to the checkout the cashier was trying to tell me that I couldn't buy so many (12) but I calmly explained that there was no sign indicating otherwise. And guess who was right, the customer (not a common occurrence in Israeli supermarkets).

I couldn't wait to get home to tell David so I called him from the cell. For all of you in Israel who have never tasted this delicious cereal (I only like the orange box) I dare you to taste it. You won't be disappointed. You are also welcome to come over to taste a bowl at our house ... but only one bowl per person.

No comments: