A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

I know I haven't blogged in a little while but I don't really have much to say. I figured I'd just give updates on everyone.

David-
David's started getting busy again at work after New Years. He has a lot of meetings but seems to be doing alright with working US hours. I think it was hard at first for him to get used to staying awake so late (since we used to be asleep before 11pm in Baltimore). He claims to get more sleep here, but I'm not sure I believe him.

Me (Shira)- I can't believe that six months have passed already. I really didn't think that we'd get to the point where we were in a routine. But we are really there. I get to go to Holme's Places everyday (gym) and then usually one other activity/errand before Leora gets home. I thought having Leora come home earlier (because of the new gan) would be difficult, but in fact it really helps me out as she entertains Yeshaya. (The mess they create is a different story)

Rivka- After waiting almost a week we received the results from the doctor that Rivka's ankle was possibly broken. Duh, why do you think we came to you guys????!!! I was really angry by this point because 1. it cost us a ton of money to visit Terem 2. we wasted so much time and energy waiting for the results. Rivka says that her ankle feels better and has stopped wearing her splint/cast. Rikva is doing so well in school. She has tons of friends and is such a conscientious student. She aces every test.

Zvi- Zvi just started baseball again last Friday and is upset that he will be missing this week's practice because of Eylon Hagege's Bar Mitzvah. Zvi's hebrew has really improved. He is able to tell over many things that he learned in school. He has made friends with hebrew and english speakers, but prefers the english speakers. He amazes us with his memory and comprehension of things.

Leora- As mentioned in several posts, Leora is doing so much better. Her hebrew has improved dramatically. She is just a much happier child now and it seems that her anxieties have disappeared.

Yeshaya- Yeshaya loves going to his playgroup. There are two other boys that go there too and he gets along well with them. He is sleeping in his own bed these days (well actually he shares a bed with Zvi - two beds pushed together). Occasionally he has climbed into our bed in the middle of the night but after five minutes he returns to his room on his own.

That's all for now!

No comments: